What’s the deposit prerequisite for mobile check deposit?
In order to access mobile check deposit, you must:
- Activate your Stash debit card: In order to use this bank account feature, you’ll have to activate your debit card. Just go to your debit account on the app and tap the “Activate card” button.
- Have direct deposit set up for your Stash banking account, and meet the deposit requirements: For fraud purposes, we want to make sure you have an active bank account and having funds regularly deposited into your account is an ideal way to determine your activity. The direct deposit requirements are 4 payroll deposits of $400 or more within the last 70 days.
- Verify your identity: We want to make sure you’re actually you so your money and accounts stay safe! You can quickly verify your identity on the app the first time you try to deposit a check.
- Verify your phone number: This is another security measure that helps keep your money and accounts safe. After the first time you try to deposit a check, we’ll text you a verification code to verify your phone number.
- Accept the terms for mobile check deposit
Related questions View all Debit Accounts
Q. Things to know about mobile check deposit
Why don’t I see the option for mobile check deposit? This is a limited release for right now—we will be launching soon to all users so please hang tight for now! How much does it cost? There’s no additional fee…5
Q. How does mobile check deposit work?
How do I deposit a check to my account? Follow these steps to deposit a check: Open Stash on Android or iOS Select the debit tab Tap Move Money Tap Deposit Check Limits apply. Please read the Deposit Account Agreement…2
Q. What types of checks can I deposit with mobile check deposit?
We accept all of the below in U.S. dollars: Personal checks written to you Commercial pre-printed checks issued by a U.S. business to you such as: payroll checks insurance agency checks money orders cashier’s checks rebate checks stock dividend checks…8
Didn’t find your question?
Shoot us your question and our Stash experts will get back to you.Submit a question
Intro to Stash: Everything You Need To Know To Start Investing
The Stash Way is a few simple principles at the core of investing with Stash.
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.