Ask Stash


Home > About Stash

What tax documents should I receive?

Any necessary tax documents for your Stash account will be made available to you electronically in February and they will be accessible within the Stash App and our website. Just log in and select your tax documents from your profile in the upper right corner of the page.

Stash does not provide legal or tax advice. Due to the specific nature of each individual’s tax situation, you should consult a tax or legal professional for information on how these forms affect your tax situation.

The available tax forms represent your account activity from the previous calendar year. If you opened your Stash Invest account this calendar year, you will not receive tax documents until the next calendar year. Stash will provide you with a Form 1099-B and 1099-DIV for your Stash Invest account in February for the previous calendar year. If you have a Stash Retire account, you will receive a 1099-R form in February, as well as a form 5498 in May.

Even after your Stash account is closed, we will notify you by email if you receive a tax document. This email will include a link to access your tax documents on the web. You will log into your Stash account with the same email address and password that you used when your Stash account was open, and you will be able to download your tax documents.

If you are unable to login or forget your password, you may need to reset your password. To do so, please go to

Note: If you realize that your social security number is incorrectly displayed on your tax form, please email us so that we can give you directions on how to update your SSN and file for a form correction.

Search questions
we've already answered.