How do I set up automatic dividend reinvestment?
For retirement and custodial accounts, your dividends will be automatically reinvested (at this time we do not offer the option to turn dividend reinvestment off for these accounts) For your personal investment account, follow these steps to start reinvesting dividends into your portfolio. You’ll need to be logged in to your Stash account to enable automatic dividend reinvestment.
To change your dividend reinvestment preferences on the web:
- Select your name on the far top right of the screen
- Select dividend reinvestment program (DRIP) on the left side of the screen
- Toggle to enable or disable automatic dividend reinvestment for your personal brokerage account. We do not currently offer the ability to disable DRIP for retirement or custodial accounts.
To change your dividend reinvestment preferences on the mobile:
- Tap invest from the home screen
- Select the gear icon on the far top right of the screen
- Scroll down, then select dividend reinvestment program
- Toggle to enable or disable automatic dividend reinvestment for your personal investment account. We do not currently offer the ability to disable DRIP for retirement or custodial accounts.
*Dividends may take up to 2 business days to be reinvested
Why was my dividend not reinvested?
Your dividend may not have been reinvested for a variety of reasons. Here are some common cases:
- The equity is ineligible for dividend reinvestment.
- The dividend was voided or reversed.
- The market is closed. (In this case, the dividend should be reinvested on the next trading day.)
- The date that you enroll in our dividend reinvestment program might be after your investment’s record date. In that case, the first dividend that you receive from that investment will be added to your “Cash to Invest”, and any subsequent dividends earned from that investment will be automatically reinvested.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. How do I pause Recurring Transfers?
You can pause Recurring Transfers in the app or on the web. To pause your Recurring Transfers via the app. 1. Click on Spend from the home screen 2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner 3. Click Transfers,…3
Q. Do I need to sell my SUNOCO (SUN) stock?
You no longer have to sell your shares of SUNOCO (SUN). Please read below for more information on our decision. We heard you loud and clear on our message about Sunoco. We always strive to guide you and help you make good investing decisions.…3
Q. Top frequently asked two-factor authentication questions
Hey! How can we help? Below are answers to our most commonly asked questions regarding two-factor authentication. What is two-factor authentication? How do I update two-factor authentication? What happens when I enter an incorrect verification code when logging in with 2FA?…1
Didn’t find your question?
Shoot us your question and our Stash experts will get back to you.Submit a question
Intro to Stash: Everything You Need To Know To Start Investing
The Stash Way is a few simple principles at the core of investing with Stash.
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.