Can I Fund My Stash Banking Account Using Venmo?
Absolutely. While we don’t currently support linking your Venmo account by signing in, you can send money directly to your Stash banking account from Venmo.
Follow these steps to get set up:
- First, you’ll need your Account & Routing numbers from your Stash banking account
- You can find these by going to the Spend tab and tapping Move Money
- Scroll down to Account & Routing
- Tap to Copy your Account & Routing numbers directly from your phone
- Follow the instructions below to add your Stash banking account to Venmo
- Open Venmo
- Tap the “☰” icon at the top of the app
- Tap “Payment Methods”
- Tap “Add a bank or card…” and then select “Bank”
- Tap “Manual”
- Enter your Stash routing number and your account number, then click Agree and Link.
- Verify that your routing and account number are correct and click Continue
- After 1-3 business days, review your Stash banking transactions to find out the exact amounts of these deposit
- Return to Venmo or visit www.venmo.com/verifybank to complete the confirmation process
- Once you’ve linked your bank, follow the instructions below to transfer money from Venmo to your Stash banking account Tap the “☰” icon at the top of the app
- Tap “Transfer Balance”
- Tap “Transfer to Bank” or “Transfer Money” if you do not see this option
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer to your bank
- Tap “Instant” (for a small fee) or “1-3 Biz Days” (for no fee), and select Stash
- Venmo offers an “Instant” transfer option (Estimated arrival: about 30 minutes). There is a fee to instantly transfer money.
- A standard transfer to a bank account usually takes 1 business day but sometimes it may take 1-3 business days
- Confirm your transfer details, and tap the green “Transfer” button
- Tap “Transfer Balance”
That’s it. Your Stash banking account should be funded within 30 minutes or 1-3 business days depending on the option you selected!
Bank Account Services provided by Green Dot Bank and Stash Visa Debit card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of the registered trade names are used by and refer to a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation. (c) 2020 Green Dot Bank. All rights reserved. Investment products and services are not offered by Green Dot Bank and are Not FDIC Insured, Not Bank Guaranteed, and May Lose Value.
Related questions View all Bank Account
Q. Can I Fund My Stash Banking Account Using PayPal?
Absolutely. While we don’t currently support linking your PayPal account by signing in, you can send money directly to your Stash banking account from Paypal. Follow these steps to get set up: First, you’ll need your Account & Routing numbers from your Stash banking accountYou can find these by going to the Spend tab and tapping Move MoneyScroll down to Account &…2
Didn’t find your question?
Shoot us your question and our Stash experts will get back to you.Submit a question
Intro to Stash: Everything You Need To Know To Start Investing
The Stash Way is a few simple principles at the core of investing with Stash.
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.